At Caledon Medical Cannabinoid Clinic (CMCC) we practice according to Medical Guidelines and the Federal MMPR. We offer safe alternatives to narcotic pain medication and find the best delivery method and dosage for patient needs. We follow best practices in our medication prescribing, monitoring for adverse effects and assessing efficacy as the patients begin and maintain treatment.
We only see patients on a referral by their family doctor, nurse practitioner or other treating physician.
The Caledon Medical Cannabinoid Clinic is led by Dr. Andrew Cooper, MD MHSC FRCPC.
Dr. Cooper practices anesthesiology and bioethics at William Osler Health System. Dr. Cooper has the academic rank of Adjunct Professor in the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology.
- To refer a patient, complete this form and fax to 1-866-580-8965.
- When a completed referral form and supporting medical information is received, we will book an intake appointment with your patient.
- The clinic staff is here to answer any questions you may have about referring your patient. Please call 905-860-0866.
We have had anecdotal evidence that medical cannabinoid therapy works to treat many physical and mental conditions for centuries, there is now mounting scientific research that supports its efficacy.
Published Clinical Trials on Smoked/Vaporized Cannabis and Associated Therapeutic Benefits. Primary medical conditions and associated secondary end-points (if any) for which benefits were observed:
- Multiple sclerosis-associated pain and spasticity
- Central and peripheral chronic neuropathic pain (various etiologies)
- Chronic neuropathic pain from HIV-associated sensory neuropathy
- Chronic post-traumatic or post-surgical neuropathic pain refractory to other medications and associated insomnia
- Chronic pain of various etiologies (musculoskeletal, post-traumatic, arthritic, peripheral neuropathy, cancer, fibromyalgia, migraine, multiple sclerosis, sickle cell disease, thoracic outlet syndrome)